Pages

Friday, October 12, 2012

Running Home

running away run away  running away picture

My kid's are starting to feel like traveling gypsies. Jakob swears he's only slept in his own bed once this month. He might be right. Well, not quite. But it seems like it to him. Poor kids. Lucky for them I've taken them to places and people whom they love.  We've stayed in Alton, St. George, and Flagstaff this month. 

Of course there are "reasons" for the visits and road trips. A need for company, shopping, general conference, doctor's appointments, etc. But along with those surface needs and requirements, the deep down truth is that I'm just running - searching. I'm running even though I am utterly exhausted. 

I just hate doing all of this every day-all day- alone. I just can't believe there isn't a better way. I should be stronger. More supportive. Less whiny. Grateful. Content.  -And sometimes I am.- 

But tonight I just want to run. Run to a home that fits all of us together. A home that fits within our budget. A home... together. Why is that so out of reach? Why is that so wrong?

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts