Pages

Saturday, March 20, 2010

We The People...

"We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America." - The U.S. Constitution

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. That to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed." - Declaration of Independence

My mind and heart have been weighed down all day today. I have thought of little else then what the future holds for my three sons. Here I have Jakob who already dreams about the day he will be a pilot for the United States Air force, he has at least 20 years until that dream can even be a reality. What will he be defending in twenty years? Who will be giving him his orders? And What will be on that presidents agenda?

Will it be the will of the people he governs for?

Or, will he just promise us that we'll see his wisdom when all is said and done? What if we finally say No, will he look down at us as his subjects and with all his glory inform us that No is simply not an option!

Tonight, unfortunately I have no clear answer. Therefore, I will have to lean on faith. Faith that we as parents will be able to discern and follow right. Faith will lead me to action. I will start today to instill the correct teachings and truths that our Founding Father's originally intended us to follow into the hearts of my sons. And in the end, I will lean on Hope. Hope will clothe me with courage.

3 comments:

Wendy Babcock said...

You are so much more eloquent in your phrasing that I! I have been struggling with the same thing lately. Why am I choosing to bring children into such a corrupt world? The answer is.. because it is God's plan!

Janee said...

Very well written Lena. If this is in response to the recent health care bill passed, please read my latest blog post :)

Janee said...

Oh and we're going to HAWAII on Thurs! YAY!!!!! You want me to bring you anything back?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts