Pages

Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Reading Ideas Needed!

I went to the library today and I checked out two books (The Undaunted and Anita Stansfield's latest.) I'm excited about these books. But I need more ideas. I may have asked for ideas before, but I am ready to make a list this time. So hopefully some of you will take a minute and give me some ideas. The last books I read were written by Nicholas Sparks (just to give you an idea of my typical genre.)

I only have a few "guidelines" when it comes to the books I like to read.

1. They have to have something uplifting in them.

2. They can NOT end sad or bad!!

3. No vulgarity or dirty romance.

GIVE ME YOUR SUGGESTIONS!

6 comments:

Harmony said...

Wish I could think of any right now. I am also looking for something new to read.

Kristen said...

Have you seen goodreads.com? It is the best place to keep your lists of books and get recommendations from family and friends. I love it.

**One in Thine Hand - Gerald Lund
**The Coffin Quilt - Ann Rinaldi
**The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society - Mary Ann Shaffer
*The Maze Runner - James Dashner
*Hope Was Here - Joan Bauer
*Wings - Aprilynne Pike
*The Girl Who Could Fly - Victoria Forester
*The Actor and the Housewife - Shannon Hale
*Lemon Tart - Josi Kilpack
*Star Girl - Jerry Spinelli
*Found - Margaret Peterson Haddix
*Austenland - Shannon Hale
*What the Doctor Ordered - Sierra St. James

Kristen said...

P.S. The *'s don't mean anything. I apparently started with 2 and ended up doing one. They aren't a rating system by any means. :)

Patricia Potts said...

Heidi has a ton of suggestions and you can find lots of other suggestions on GOODREAD. My mom has compiled a list also. Let me know and I'll have her send it to you. She assigns 1,2,3,or 4 stars to her books. As for me, unfortunately I haven't kept track very well.
Love,
Patricia

Melissa F said...

I'm on Goodreads also. I haven't done the best job keeping it up, but maybe your other friends have. I really like it because I add to my "to read" list what my friends are reading that looks interesting.

Heidi Hamilton said...

Yes, check out goodreads, but I really think you would like Janette Oke as an author. She is a Christian novelist. My favorite is the Song of Acadia series. The Love Comes Softly series is also awesome.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts