Pages

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Their Expectations - His Realities

Their Expectation - His Realities is a Comparison and Contrast Essay I wrote for my English 101Course. As the first piece in my portfolio, it gives a glimpse of my budding writing voice. I had never taken a writing course up to this point. It wasn't until my Creative Writing Course that I branched out of my "comfort zone" in my writing. You will note in my later pieces that I have learned to move outside of myself and my personal experiences in my writing to explore the world of writing fiction and poetry, both of which I have found great satisfaction in writing.

Written October 27, 2008

Their Expectations - His Realities

Someone once said, “If you want to make God laugh, just tell him your plans.”
A newly married couple may think they have life all figured out. They’ve found each other after a long and wearisome search – and now it’s time for life to really start. This newlywed couple plans to have a family, a business, and their own home, and all of this will happen in a smooth and timely manner. They daydream and commit their dreams to paper. Little do they know what realities God has in store for them. -Full Story-

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts