Pages

Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Late Night Ponderings

Apparently I get to blog tonight... I have already had a hard time sleeping (Insomnia). Now Caleb is having a hard time sleeping (ear pain). So here I am at 1:00AM updating the blog. Before I finally climbed out of bed I pondered the thought that if I didn't have to sleep at night in order to survive, I could really accomplish a lot! I could get the continuous mountain of dishes washed and the everlasting waves of laundry washed and put away. I could put away the winter clothes that are still in my living room waiting for the last lingering items to be washed and packed away. I could scrub the stinking bathroom and wipe down the worn out kitchen floor. I could....

But, since I do require sleep, and I only occasionally have nights like tonight, I will wake up in the morning and immediately begin attending to the daily and never ending necessities of life with children. I will drive back and forth to Jakob's school and do my school work in between. I will keep things sanitized enough to function safely and healthily. And we will survive another day with dishes in the sink and laundry waiting to be washed and put away.

And at the moment, I will pray for the Tylenol to kick in for Caleb so he will stop crying and I will go try to comfort him.

4 comments:

Wendy Babcock said...

Lena, I so know what you are going through. I have my little guy teething and it is causing all kinds of trouble in my routine. I also have the mounds of laundry piles both clean and dirty. I just don't know how to keep up.

Molly said...

Ever since having children, I have hated nights. I hardly get any sleep, so why can't I just skip the night. I want the sun to be up all the time, then I don't have to sleep and that way I don't have to get upset with the baby for waking me up for the 50th time that night. Yeah, I hate nights, too.

Dawson Family said...

Good news is that you know you are not alone in the venture of being a mother and being behind in housework and life in general. I figure as long as your your kids are clean and fed you are doing a great job!

Janee said...

Yes, all of us mamas can relate! I haven't felt like doing laundry to the point where I don't even know what's clean or dirty anymore, lol. Kinda gross but such is life right now :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts