Pages

Sunday, March 08, 2009

Healthy Menu and Grocery List Results

This last week has been busy. I have been juggling a lot of things throughout each day. I am moving through my schooling in a timely manner and learning a lot. It has been a life changing event. Because of all that I am learning in school we have committed to following as many of the health guidelines as we can. This is where the photo of Jakob and I doing Yoga fits comes from. This also includes eating as much organic or whole foods as possible. So I took the time this week to create a good menu and shopping list. I got all of my ideas off of BobsRedMill.com This is a line of whole grains, beans, and natural baking supplies that you can find in any of your grocery stores (if I can find them here, I promise you have them!;) Anyway, they have a huge data base of recipes. So I found all of the recipes, made a menu, and a shopping list and yesterday Leif and I went into SG and did a huge shopping trip.

We were concerned that we wouldn't be able to stay within our budget. But we did and we even have money left over for the rest of the month. I am Thrilled!!! When we got home, I wanted to organize the cupboards and get rid of a few things that aren't part of our eating plans these days. This is what ended up happening:



It was NO fun putting it back together. But it's nice to have it organized. Tonight we ate dinner up at our house with Leif's parents. Tuna sandwiches and very yummy whole wheat & oatmeal chocolate chip cookies. It was a good night! I'm going to try harder to put all of my recipes on my Healthy Mama's Kitchen blog. So feel free to browse and get a few ideas.

6 comments:

Janee said...

Are you that close to Vegas?

I'm SO glad you posted this! Ever since I read that one book, I've really been trying to eat healthier (but it's been really difficult getting Dan on board). Thanks for making that other blog -I'll definately be checking it out often!

Janee said...

I forgot to mention that I literally want to scream when I look in our pantry - oreos, potato chips, white pasta, you name it. I don't understand how D can eat this crap and still stay so thin! Drives me nuts...

Patricia Potts said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! How do you do it all Lena? (In the strenght of the Lord I can do all things which are expedient).
You mst have the stength of the Lord

Patricia Potts said...

Wow! Wow! Wow! How do you do it all Lena? (In the strenght of the Lord I can do all things which are expedient).
You mst have the stength of the Lord

Sandra said...

Your so much better than I. I really should get cook healthier but I guess I feel like I don't cook a bunch of unhealthy things either. Yaaa for getting it organized. I always feel better after doing stuff like that.

Steph said...

I need to start eating better. Fresh foods are so much more expensive than the crappy processed food. Aw the dilemma...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts