Pages

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

For The Record: Mama's Health Update

For The Record: I might as well give a quick update on my health since I have recorded it this far.

I was diagnosed with severe Anemia several months ago. From that point on I took 1 round of a liquid Iron supplement and have taken a high grade Prenatal Vitamin faithfully. I am happy to report that I am no longer Anemic. Blood test shows this, but I can tell! I had no idea that Anemia could cause so much pain and problems.

Beginning when Caleb was born I started a regimen of supplements. The Prenatal, 4 grams of Omega-3, extra Calcium, and extra vitamin D. I have tried hard to eat healthy and luckily my kids and life keeps me active enough that I haven't had to Go Out and exercise. With all of this combined I have been able to lose around 30 pounds. I'm still working on losing at least 15 more. I feel really good though.

Unfortunately a couple/few months ago my body decided that it HAD to have the stupid/blessed anti-depressants in order to function kindly and happily. So, I followed the cues and went on Paxil and Wellbutrin. Unfortunately, the side effects have been a real struggle this last month. I'm really trying to figure out the best way and things to do and take to find a healthy baseline and stay balanced. For now I am currently just on Wellbutrin twice a day and no Paxil. I like the results until I fall asleep at night. Some nights are fine. But other nights are full of nightmares. So I'm doing my research. I thought about going to talk to someone. But I decided that it was too much work for now. I'm fine for the most part. I am reading a few books and once I've gathered all the information that I am looking for, then I will make some decisions along with my doctor.

So, that's Mama's health report.:)

BOOKS:

My Journey from Darkness to Light: How to overcome Depression and Bi-Polar Illness one step at a time By Patricia Tew Potts

Natural Prozac: Learning to release your body's own anti-depressants By Dr. Joel Robertson with Tom Monte

The New Anti Depressants and Antianxieties: What you need to know about Zoloft, Paxil, Wellbutrin, Effexor, Clonazepam, Ambien, and More By William S. Appleton, M.D.

1 comment:

Janee said...

Thanks for posting these - I'm definately going to reead them after the Bar...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts