Pages

Thursday, September 29, 2011

Mama Bombed Her Test

One of the most valuable experiences that I glean from being a college student at the same time as being a mother is empathy. An understanding of another's burden because you have experienced it. Well, I can now empathize with my children (when they are in college) about how it feels to fail a college level exam. It's no fun!

I studied as much as possible. I filled out all the answers to the Study Guide questions. And I took the test. The test was a proctored closed-book exam. Unfortunately for me, I really Really need to be able to use my notes. My recall skills are very weak. This grade showed me just how weak they are. In fact, I'm actually going to be bold enough to ask my professor for mercy. I CAN NOT fail this class!! Leif suggested that I offer to write extra papers for extra credit. I would be happy to do that. I learn so much more if I have to research and write about it. Tests are pointless for me.

So anyway, life will go on. And Yes, this class was my STRESS MANAGEMENT class. The Irony!

2 comments:

Harmony said...

I'm so sorry Lena, that really is ironic that it would be your stress management class causing you all this stress. We are blessed to live in a day and age thorough that it is well understood and documented that some people do not take test well and many people are willing to make other arrangements.

Janee said...

I know how you feel. I am a HORRIBLE test taker. I've failed the most important test of my life TWICE now. Ugh. Tests are pointless for me too. I don't understand how I can be judged based on a 12 hour pressure-filled window. Ok I'm venting on your blog so sorry lol!

But yeah, I totally get it. Being a mother, wife, student...it takes it toll. But you (we) can do it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts