Pages

Friday, July 01, 2011

God Bless the USA!

I just had a really special evening with my boys and I need to share. Leif is at Fire Meeting setting up for the Fireman's Breakfast in the morning. So it was just me and the boys. I wanted to start this Independance Day weekend off with a Patriotic theme (appropriate, I know;) So, I pulled up good ol' YouTube. After I got the boys all bathed, lotioned, and ready for bed, I brought them to the computer. I turned on the YouTube video shown below and I was blown away by the feeling that was with us while we sat together watching a few of these great videos. 

JJ and Caleb sang along to the music and Jakob and I watched and commented about how much we loved our country and how grateful we really are for the men and women who defend our land. I couldn't help but wonder which of my boys will be wearing one of the uniform's of our country someday. I was weepy-eyed at the thought. As we finished up the videos Jakob was bubbling with patriotism. He asked me to tell him the story of how our country came to be. The story led us right into repeating the Pledge of Allegiance. Jakob asked where our flag was and I told him that he could think of it like he had a flag in his heart. He liked that idea.

I truly am grateful for our country! God Bless America!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts