Pages

Thursday, August 13, 2009

Our Newest Addition: A Family Puppy


Shorkie (Shi tzu/Yorkie) 9 weeks

We have been pondering the idea of inviting a puppy into our family for a while now. Jakob's 5th birthday is coming up and we decided that it is a good time. My parents got a puppy and he enjoyed playing with her and taking care of her. The only thing that made him hesitant to be with her was the puppy's big size. Otherwise, he's been talking about her quite a bit. Soo, we started looking for a puppy that fit our little house and our little kids. We looked for over a week at dozens of puppies and none of them struck me like this little lady. The minute I saw her, I knew she was the one. Sounds silly, I know. But this was a big decision for us and we aren't taking it lightly. She was born up north near our family there. So we're heading out Saturday to pick her up. So far, this was the BEST pregnancy I've ever had!:) Short and sweet. LOL!

7 comments:

Heidi Hamilton said...

congrats! She looks so sweet and cute! Having a dog is so much fun. I'm sure your boys will be in heaven! Plus, always a good opportunity to teach responsibility...

Steph said...

That's so fun! There is nothing like a cute puppy. They are not so fun to train but they are so lovey and wonderful! Enjoy!

Sandra said...

Ha ha... she is a cutie. I know our kids would love a dog and so would Kevin. I just don't want to pick up their messes. I know I'll be the one doing it. I have a fear of sending my kids out in the backyard and them coming back in covered in doggy doo doo. I have heard that you can train them to go in a certain spot but I still hesitate. Tell me how it works out and if I'm just being worried over nothing.

Harmony said...

That is the cutest puppy! Good luck with her.

Janee said...

Awwwwwwwww! So cute! I'm so jealous! Dan doesn't like animals so we can never have pets, how sad is that :(

Mandy Riddle said...

OH my gosh, so stink'in cute!!! You are gonna have so much fun with her!! So Cute!

michelle said...

Oh my heck!!!! She is darling. We have a shitzue and love her sooooooooooooo much. I thought about breeding her with a yorkie and now I know what they would have looke like. Have fun potty training!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts