Pages

Monday, November 17, 2008

More Fun With The House

I haven't posted anything for a few days because we've been so busy. Friday we did our monthly trip into SG. We had a great time shopping and spending time with Leif's sister and her family. On Saturday we spent the whole day working on projects around the home. We actually had a really good time working together. The results have been fun!

We gave Jakob's room a makeover. We painted a chalkboard on his wall. We added a DI special mirror that he loves to dance and play in front of. We put in a fluorescent light that has made a world of difference. We painted his floor. And we tacked up some really fun material that has vintage airplanes all over it and made a tent around his bed. He now LOVES his room and we Love that he Loves his room!!:)


We also painted our bedroom. We went a bit wild with the colors. But we enjoy the fun and that's all that matters... right?:) The walls were Yellow. We then sponge painted green and purple over the walls. We painted the picture frames that are hung on the walls white to add some contrast. Leif says they look like windows. Now I just need to find a bedspread that matches our walls.


The first thing we actually did was rearrange our office space. We moved everything against on wall. It has opened up a huge amount of space. In our little home, space is Good!!:)


In the middle of all of that I hung a couple of really cute pictures in our bathroom. I edited a photo of each of the boys in the bathtub and made them the sepia tint. I LOVE them! We also hung some pictures in the Living Room.

So, now we only have a few more project to do. We want to finish painting the kitchen floor, hang white butcher paper to make the effect of a ceiling, and put the border around the walls. It's a lot of work. But I am grateful for the changes and Especially for my husbands willingness to do so much for me!

4 comments:

Heather said...

Wow! That is really awesome! I Love Jakobs room. I am sure he will spend way more time in there now.
I am really happy to hear that you are able to make the changes to your home to make it more comfortable.

Love you!

Janee said...

very cute!

Sandra said...

Wow you guys have really been busy!!! I love the pictures of your boys you put in the bathroom. I also love the picture of the mom holding the baby you have in your room. We have that picture too, pictures of people holding/cuddling babies are precious! Good work

Melonee said...

Your hard work is paying off! It looks great!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts