Pages

Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Are You Ready To Vote?

The day to vote for our future President of the United States is just around the corner. Leif and I sat together and endured another presidential debate last night. I hate them because I don't trust everything that is said, and I can't stand blatant contention. However, I do feel that it's important to be involved in studying out who we feel is the best potential president.

After the debate Leif and I discussed some of the "issues" of the world today that we feel are important to us in particularly, and to our future as a country.

Here are a few of the things we came up with:

Same Sex Marriage
Abortion
Stem Cell Research
Social Security
Health Care
Taxes
How involved government is in All Areas of life
Strength of the military

Personally, I feel that the moral issues we face are the most important issues that I need to face as a mother and do what I can to stand up for Truth and Right. I received a short five minute video today made by the Family Research Council This gives us a good perspective of what will happen if same sex marriage becomes legal throughout the country as it has in a few of our states. I hope you'll view the video and form your own opinion.



I just did a little research on the presidential candidates websites. They are quite interesting. They both have their faults. They both have some positives. Unfortunately, not one of them has it perfect. So, we'll have to draw up our own list of priorities, study the candidate's views on each of the issues, and then make our decision.

4 comments:

Janee said...

I think it's great that you guys are trying to educate yourselves on the issues! I think regardless of which candidate you support that it is very important to vote!

With that being said, you should check out my other blog
http://janee-for-obama.blogspot.com/

I just feel like there are way more important and pressing issues plaguing our country right now besides gay marriage and abortion (in fact those haven't even crossed my mind with everything going on). You'll clearly see from my blog where I stand on the issues.

Much love girl...

Molly said...

I don't like either one, and I can't wait for it to be over next month. I really hate election years.

Does anyone else get annoyed at the millions of dollars they have spent campaining and here we are in this financial crises? I can't stand to think of all the money they have asked from Americans just to spend it traveling the country, bashing each other and making stupid, hateful commercials. So much money that could have gone to so many better causes.

Yes, I'll be glad when it is all over....

Steph said...

Thanks of sharing the video. It makes me sick to think that this could be taught to my child. It makes me want to home school to protect them from things like this. And considering what it would mean if a certain candidate, no names, were to be elected, this is how it will become throughout the country. I have issues with both candidates but to me it comes down to moral issues such as this and abortion. Thanks for sharing the video!

Nicole said...

I didn't really have an opinion on who I liked until I started watching debates seeing their styles. I also have been reading fact checks after the debates, and I read Obama's book. People have been twisting what he says in the book and I have to say I went from liking him to not to really liking him. I of course feel like the world is morally corrupt and don't want my kids exposed to things. However I think things like that are always going to happen no matter who is president, since there are groups dedicated to pushing those issues. The economy however isn't something we can fix in our homes if the economy keeps getting worse our kids will have to deal with it. Which is why after looking at everything on msnbc.com I like Obama.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts