Pages

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Our Favorite Television Show




When Caleb was born I was converted to http://www.abc.com/. We don't have a television and I needed a show to watch that could entertain me during the late hours of baby time. So I started watching Dancing With The Stars. Jakob started watching it with me during the day and it gave us some special yet, down time. Of course it gave me teaching moments about modesty and valuing our body, as well as some intro to dance time for Jakob. It was fun while it lasted. But the season ended and life moved on without television.

And then we found Extreme Makeover Home Edition. This is now our Favorite television show. Leif and I Love this show because it is purely an act of an incredible service. Jakob Loves it because of the demolition of the house at the beginning and the fun bedrooms and houses that they build. But we can tell that the "goodwill" part of the show reaches him too. He is calm and kind when the show is on. There is just a good feeling while we watch the show together. That is a VERY rare opportunity now days while watching television. I sure hope that the series doesn't change and only continues they're great example of service.

If you ever feel like you just need to refill your cup a bit, maybe you could try a round of Extreme Makeover Home Edition. Yes, it is hard not to feel a bit envious of the new home owners. But at the same time, it kind of gives us some motivation to reach out and strive to be worthy of the blessings that come when you serve others.

2 comments:

Sandra said...

We have seen it a couple times, we expecially watched when the Pilani (sp?) family from here in Logan was featured. It was amazing to see the whole community get together. I love that it's on service, you don't get many good shows on TV anymore. (sigh)

Steph said...

I love that show! I can't watch it without crying. I haven't watched it in a few years but when I did, it was one of my favorites. It's a good honest show full of service. You don't get that too often.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts