Pages

Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Future Looks Good

I haven't written this week because life has been full of stress. I conducted a health experiment this week and the results were shocking! For several months I have taken a full regimen of nutritional supplements. I knew that they were very helpful in keeping my body functioning. But I had no idea how helpful they really are until this week. I stopped taking all of them and by the sixth day I was a mess! I won't go into details. But let's just say if mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy. I started taking everything again and I'm back on track. Leif is probably the most grateful for my regained stability.

When it comes to family life we are looking forward to a clear and steady schedule for the next year. Leif was offered a job my the school working in their office. We are very grateful. It will meet our needs financially and the schedule will be really nice.
I am looking forward to a few additions that we are going to work on for the barn (our home.) We are going to put in a few sky lights in the ceiling. We are going to complete the ceiling. And we are going to fix up the walls. We might even close our bedroom space in with walls instead of curtains. The most helpful thing that we are going to do is purchase a washer and dryer for ourselves. Right now we use Leif's parents. This requires us to take the laundry over to their home. Leif is my laundry man. But with the new job he won't be able to do it any more. I am looking forward to having the washer and dryer down stairs!
There are many things that I am grateful for. Our home is one of them. It meets our basic needs and we aren't required to pay rent. But as a mother and a girl who was raised living in a beautifully decorated home. I do find myself murmuring. I feel really bad about this. Pride! I have been able to do little things here and there in the barn that raise some eyebrows by Leif and his parents that have beautified the barn and made the space more efficient. This has been a blessing! I look forward to the new changes... I think it's a form of therapy for me too.

Anyway, the kids are doing well. Caleb is a sweetheart! He tried solid food for the first time this week. I gave him organic apples and oatmeal. He didn't mind too much. I think I'll feed him peas for dinner tonight. Caleb is trying hard to sit up. I have to watch him closer now because he'll do a sit up and fall forward. He's sat up for around five seconds or so. My guess is he'll be sitting in a couple of weeks. That will be nice!

Jakob will mirror what ever mood I am in or what ever tone or reaction that I give to him when we're communicating. So, it's up to me to help maintain harmony in the home. Jakob is very excited to turn four years old at the end of this month. He looks forward to his birthday party and has been practicing to hit a pinata' for the game at the party. He of course eat sleeps and dreams the idea that he will hopefully be getting new jets and dinosaurs for his birthday. Mama hopes for just a few new toys and more books and maybe some fun necessities like cool unddies or something for school:) We'll see what the birthday bunny drops in.:)

Our garden is starting to bare fruit. It's nice to work together in the garden every once in a while. The veggies are very appreciated too! I found that it's easy to use my Pampered Chef food chopper and chop up squash and add it to ground hamburger when I use hamburger in a meal. I've had a good time being creative with healthy cooking lately.
Life is looking up!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts