Pages

Friday, July 11, 2008

To Everything There Is A Season and Order

I was inspired this morning by my new friends blog. She shared her testimony about a few verses in the bible. It got me thinking about my scripture study. Or the lack thereof. We have family scripture study. Jakob is still willing to sit and read with us for the most part. We challenge him to listen for the different references to Jesus as we read, and then we let him mark them with a highlighting pencil.

But it's my personal scripture study that has been struggling. So I will try to do better! Right now I am consumed with the desire to move forward. I'm sure you know what I mean. The desire to provide for your family and meet everyone's needs including your own...

Leif and I are doing all that we can right now to do that. There are just many obstacles that come along the way. This morning a couple of my favorite scripture verses come to mind.

Ecclesiastes 3: 1 - 8
1 To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven:
2 A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up that which is planted;
3 A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up;
4 A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance;
5 A time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing;
6 A time to get, and a time to lose; a time to keep, and a time to cast away;
7 A time to rend, and a time to sew; a time to keep silence, and a time to speak;
8 A time to love, and a time to hate; a time of war, and a time of peace. www.scriptures.lds.org/en/eccl/3

I need to remember that there are many many seasons of life. All the way from losing and mourning the loss of a child, to the few months that it takes to potty train a child. The key is that if your struggling with the present season, remember that it will eventually end and the journey of a new season will soon be upon you. So, our challenge is to plant and harvest as many seeds of learning as we possibly can during that season so that you can apply them to the next season.

I also very much appreciate the counsel given in the Doctrine & Covenants Section 88: 119 - 120

119 Organize yourselves; prepare every needful thing; and establish a house, even a house of prayer, a house of fasting, a house of faith, a house of learning, a house of glory, a house of order, a house of God;

120 That your incoming may be in the name of the Lord; that your outgoings may be in the name of the Lord; that all your salutations may be in the name of the Lord, with uplifted hands unto the Most High. www.scriptures.lds.org/en/dc/88

This can be our endless goal. I can work on this for a life time no matter where I am, no matter what is happening in life. If I can follow this counsel from the Lord then I will be continually moving forward.

So, now I will go and work on establishing a house of order. It does not matter the size of the home, there will always be something that needs to be put in order.

With God, all things are possible!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts