Pages

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

A Day Focused On Holistic Health: GOOT Recipe and Natural Medicine School Announcement

Last night we watched a documentary on Netflix's Instantly to our computer. It is called Super Size Me! It was incredible. Leif and I already have their same opinion, that fast food has the potential to make the world sick. They tend to see it as a conspiracy. Personally, I see it as a business situation. Fast Food and Grocery Owners are business owners. I don't think they are out to kill all of their customers. They are out to sell their product and if the customer will buy more, they'll keep selling it. I think the problem is that we, the human family, do not value our bodies. If we valued ourselves we would never allow ourselves to consume something that is harmful. Too much of any one thing has the potential to become a problem.

We need to teach ourselves and our children why our bodies are valuable. Those reasons will have to come in another entry. Right now I just want to say, I hope you'll think about the issue that this documentary is trying to get out and apply what you learn to your life.
Leif and I began pondering what will will do when we send our kid's to school (unless we home school) and there are no options for good healthy foods. We determined that of course we would send them with a lunch, be we will also continue to teach them about the value of healthy eating and hopefully they will act upon those teachings when they are more independent.

Information about Super Size Me: "On the heels of recent lawsuits against McDonald's, director Morgan Spurlock takes a hilarious and often terrifying look at the effects of fast food on the human body. For one month, Spurlock eats nothing but McDonald's food, ordering everything on the menu at least once and "super-sizing" his order if asked. With obesity on the rise, Spurlock's film begs the question: Where does personal responsibility end and corporate responsibility begin?"

Leif and I have had a bit of a throat infection this week. Unfortunately, Caleb came down with it last night. I have tried some of my home remedies to try and help him. He's laying asleep with Lavender mist blowing over him from the humidifier. This should help his fever go down. Yes dad, I gave him IB Profin;) But I know that what he has is a virus and antibiotics won't help him. I knew that garlic was the answer to his ailment. But at 3 months old even having him ingest garlic oil could potentially make him sick. So I went to my trusty friend Google, I found exactly what I was looking for!

A lady has a great blog and she put a recipe on her site for GOOT. It is Garlic, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil put together to make a salve. Here is the recipe:

" I will have you know that we have been using this remedy for a few years, and this is the first actual recipe I found for it. I am glad I found it, because my recipe is for olive oil and garlic, and I chopped it instead of putting it into the blender/food processor. I just leave the garlic chinks in mine, and I notice it does get stronger as it ages.

I love this list of all of the ailments this mixture can be used for. We put it into little noses today as well as into ears, and I can already see a marked improvement. We always rub it on the bottoms of feet and put socks on, because your feet are like a direct line to your bloodstream. Recently, I rubbed some on Isaac’s chest, and he coughed when it reached his nose… ahhhh! good! That meant that it works like Vick’s too! Great! We rub it across the bridge of the nose and the outside of the ears too.

GOOT Garlic Oil Treatment
Anti-infective/Anti-fungal/Anti-parasites
MAKING GOOT
Warm three tablespoons of Coconut oil over stove until melted and add three tablespoons of olive oil. Remove from heat and add three tablespoons of fresh chopped garlic. Blend at slow speed, then at high speed for two minutes. Use a blender or coffee grinder. Pour mixture through a screen to remove chunks of garlic that the blender may have missed. Pour into a wide mouth jar and label it “GOOT.” Place in a refrigerator.
Freshly made, the mixture is a milky color and runny. GOOT turns into a thick soft paste after one hour. After being in the fridge for several hours, it is just hard like a salve easy to spread.

MEDICINAL PROPERTIES OF GOOT, rubbed into the skin, transfers raw garlic oil directly into the blood stream. Apply on the feet of children or infants to fight infections. Rub on chest for chest colds, pneumonia or rub into nostrils for sinus infections. Place on cotton swab for ear infections. Apply directly to sores inside the mouth. Rub on Athlete’s foot or genital area for jock itch. Insert GOOT into affected area for yeast or other related infections. Apply on rashes any place. GOOT kills Candida, parasites, bad bacteria and virus by direct application.
In addition, it treats systemic infections by absorption through the skin into the blood supply and travels throughout the body. After two weeks, make a new batch of GOOT.
http://www.nacd.org/more_information/health/goot.html
http://www.welltellme.com/discuss/index.php?topic=3310. "
-- Jacque Dixon

I'll make it this afternoon and let you know how it goes. Not that I doubt it!

Finally, I will let you all in on a possible adventure that I am pondering about embarking on. Ever since we lost the twins I have gained a strong appreciation for holistic health, meaning healthy nutrition, herbs, etc. Over the last two years I've pondered getting a Holistic Health Practitioners Certificate. Then I could actually give out my thoughts and advise legally. I've looked through many different schools over time and I found one that Leif and I are really impressed with it is called Global College of Natural Medicine. If I do decide to start school again I will do their Holistic Health Practitioner program. Here are the details of the program:

GCNM’s home-study Holistic Health Practitioner Program contains 20 comprehensive lessons, covering topics in the areas of holistic nutrition, herbology, environmental medicine, energy work, mind-body medicine, anatomy, terminology, and much, much more.
A Holistic Health Practitioner is someone who is an expert in various aspects of holistic health and is able to offer clients a wide array of natural treatment options. An HHP is able to evaluate an individual’s diet and lifestyle, and uses the latest advances in nutrition and holistic medicine to offer positive lifestyle changes and a personalized meal plan and exercise program. An HHP has advanced knowledge of anatomy, medical terminology, vitamins, minerals, and herbs, and possesses strong empathy for his fellow men.

An HHP recognizes that the whole person needs to be treated and is able to assess the client’s emotional state, while helping to establish a positive balance between body, mind, and spirit. An HHP works on the premise that the body has an innate healing ability and his/her job lies in helping to establish the right environment for self-healing to take place.

Career possibilities for Graduates:
At this point in time, many Holistic Health Practitioners choose to work in private practice offering individualized consultations. Others may be involved in:
- Manufacturing or formulating dietary supplements. - Holding health seminars - Writing articles or books on various aspects of holistic medicine. - Operating or working at a health food store. - Educating others about alternative medicine.

This is a 24 month program that can be finished earlier if needed. Of course money is the issue. We'll look in to financial aid and pray about it some more.

2 comments:

Jacque Dixon said...

I am so glad that you could use the GOOT recipe! It was invaluable last winter when we went through our bout of Influenza. Our whole family got it except for one of us, and little 2yo Caleb had it for 6 weeks!

Anyway, I know it will work for you, and I pray for a quick healing!
You will find that rubbing it on the chest, behind the ears, and especially the soles of the feet works great! and, my children loved the massage!

Take care and blessings!
Jacque

Anonymous said...

Good day !.
You may , perhaps very interested to know how one can make real money .
There is no need to invest much at first. You may commense to receive yields with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.

AimTrust is what you need
The firm incorporates an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.

Its head office is in Panama with affiliates everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become a happy investor?
That`s your choice That`s what you desire!

I feel good, I started to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. If it gets down to select a proper companion utilizes your savings in a right way - that`s AimTrust!.
I take now up to 2G every day, and my first deposit was 1 grand only!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://ovazeduw.kogaryu.com/agijimew.html
and lucky you`re! Let`s take this option together to become rich

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts